May is Mental Health Month
Make a difference ...
VIDEO CONTEST - Ages 10-25 - create a video showing how mental health matters to you, go to www.missourimhf.org and click on the 2014 YouTube Video contest for more information. $ Cash prizes $
COLORING CONTEST - Grades Pre-K through 6th—get your entry form from your school counselor or at area restaurants.
Wear GREEN on Friday, May 9th to show your support.
Mental Health Basics:
· 1 in 5 kids struggles with their mental health.
· If you are feeling depressed or angry or anxious, you are not alone.
· Mental health problems can happen to anybody, regardless of age or circumstance.
· They can affect a child or youth as easily as cancer or a physical disability.
· There’s no one to blame for it and there should be no shame in it.
· Mental health is not just about feeling bad, it’s also about feeling good!